26 October 2020
Cricket Fielding Drills to Improve Agility with Chinmoy Roy
Cricket Fielding Drills to help improve speed and agility, brought to you by Chinmoy Roy exclusively for Cricket World TV.
- Place one pole as starting block.
- Place a ladder at a distance of one big stride length from the pole.
- Fix the ladder in such a way that only 6 square boxes of the ladder are used. Just shorten the usual length of the ladder and make six boxes.
- From the last of the ladder’s boxes fix another pole at a distance of 25 metres.
- Place two cricket balls besides the pole.
- While doing icky shuffle (the name of the movement inside the ladder) ensure a good centre of gravity. This can be done by keeping a hip width length between two feet during the movement.
- Do not fall over. Keep the head steady for that. This will ensure good balance.
- Good balance and a little lean off the ladder’s box will allow you to accelerate during sprint.
Sets and Reps
- After one round rest for 45 seconds.
- Do 5 such rounds and rest 1 minute.
- Do 2-3 sets
© Cricket World 2019